A Professionally Monitored Portland Flood Detector Alerts You To Water Before It Becomes A Problem
Frozen pipes, cracked windows, backed up sump pumps -- these are all problems that are known to cause costly water damage at your property. In many cases, these are the soggy or damp difficulties that you notice much too late. Even a leaky washing machine or water heater can cause extensive destruction if left unattended.
But, when you install a Portland monitored flood detector to your home security system, you can find a leak or standing water before it becomes a catastrophe. The wireless detector alerts you to the first signs of water with a high-decibel siren and a notification to your smartphone. Your 24-7 ADT technicians will also reach out to you when the flood detector is activated.
Why Use A Monitored Flood Detector In Portland?
Nobody wants to descend your staircase to find that the lower floor of your home is now the local swimming pool. Fortunately, a Portland flood detector will recognize water problems before you get thousands of dollars in water damage. Here’s what you should know:
- Sensitive reed switch water sensor: The advanced-tech system is designed to identify dripping or standing water instead of humidity -- so it's safe to use in areas like bathrooms where damp conditions are present.
- Wireless tech allows for unlimited placement: Smart sensors come with a wireless connection and a lithium battery rated for 4 years. You can place your flood detector with confidence behind your toilets, under sinks, behind water heaters or anywhere you could have a leak.
- Phone alerts when you're not home: Water problems like burst pipes have a habit of happening when you're not at home. If your Portland flood detector senses unwanted water, it will send an emergency alert to your phone.
- ADT monitoring provides another layer of protection: In addition to a high-decibel alarm and emergency messages to your cell phone, your smart device will notify your ADT 24/7 monitoring center. Your monitoring experts will quickly contact you and assist you as needed.
Your Mobile App Makes Your Portland Flood Detector Work As Part of Your Home Automation
Time is of the essence when water infiltration is threatening your property. By using the ADT smartphone app, you can access home automation systems and make it easier when emergency assistance reaches your property. Using these systems is helpful when you’re in the house, but essential when you’re miles away. With a monitored Portland flood detector you are able to:
- Receive notifications on your phone when unwanted water is found.
- Remotely unlock doors and turn off alarm systems for emergency repairs.
- Raise temperature to combat freezing pipes.
- Scan high-definition video from your home surveillance to find points of entry and get an idea of the damage.
- Maintain contact with your monitoring professionals.
Your Home Security System With Flood Detection Is Just a Call Away
Flood detectors and other devices like CO detectors and smoke alarms are all aspects of a comprehensive security implementation through Secure24 Alarm Systems. When you contact our professionals, we’ll guide you to the perfect package to meet your unique requirements. Just call (503) 300-4377 today or submit the form on this page to request your no-obligation free estimate.