What features do you need in a baby monitor in Portland?
In years past, a baby monitor was really straightforward. You put a microphone-type device in close contact to the crib, which sends audio signals to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. Thankfully, baby monitors now provide additional benefits. To illustrate, some monitors now have HD video and 2-way communication. You may even link some monitors to Wi-Fi so you are able to move around throughout your home. The leading baby monitors in Portland are so elaborate that they are similar to indoor security cameras in both capabilities and cost.
Should you swap out a baby monitor for a home security camera?
Knowing that baby monitors and indoor security cameras have many of the same features, you have numerous residents in Portland linking their child’s bedroom to their home security system. It’s a smart approach -- especially if you’re upgrading to a Vivint smart home -- as your baby monitor will include:
● Night vision video: Your monitoring device should have at least 1080p high-definition imaging, and infrared LED technology for acceptable viewing of darkened rooms.
● 2-way communications: Sometimes, you don't need to go inside the bedroom to get your baby back to a restful state. A comforting word may be the only thing needed to keep your little one sleeping.
● Motion sensors: While it’s possible to have your camera stay on constantly to watch your baby sleep, your attention might diminish over time. However, when your video surveillance identifies unusual activity, then you can get a notification on your phone. This is helpful when your adventurous newborn soundlessly scales out of the crib or when your family dog noses into the room.
● Video recordings: Most baby monitors don’t record video footage. Now you have the ability to deliver a brief sample to grandparents to show them what a special, sleepy child you have.
● Smartphone access: As an alternative to lugging an external monitor around, you are now able to watch from your smart home mobile app. You can even touch base with your tot and babysitter if you’re lucky enough to have an evening away.