ADT® Authorized Dealer Serving Portland & Surrounding Areas
Vivint Security Monitor in Portland
September 23, 2021

Can I use a security camera as a baby monitor in Portland?

Can I use a security camera as a baby monitor in Portland?

In the process of assembling the nursery, you put together the cradle, painted the walls a delicate, lighter hue, and created the ultimate diaper changing station. Now it's time to decide how you intend to watch over your precious one. You have the option of going with the typical monitor that gives you the ability to hear on a separate listening device, or you can improve your technology and use HD video, 2-way communication, and activation motion detection.

This advanced option kind of sounds like cameras included in a comprehensive home security system, but should you use a security camera as a baby monitor in Portland? 

A security camera baby monitor is part of your smart home installation

The nice thing about implementing a security camera as a baby monitor in Portland is that it can link to your corresponding home security and home automation components. So, for example, if you observe that your little one is particularly restless, you have the ability to make adjustments to your integrated thermostat from mobile security application to increase the room’s comfort. In addition, as they awaken for a 2 a.m. bottle, you might gently raise the room's smart bulbs to show you’re coming. If you by chance have at least two small children in different rooms, you can give each one a security camera and monitor the images in a unified mobile app.

An indoor security camera in Portland is a key component of your home’s complete security and automation package

Regardless of whether you want a home security camera to use as a baby monitor or you just need to upgrade your home defense, start by calling Secure24 Alarm Systems. A Vivint professional will guide you through your options and assist in getting the most suitable home defense package for your property. Just call (503) 300-4377 or submit the form on this page.