Helpful Tips For Using Home Security Lighting In Portland
Deterrence is a crucial aspect of home security, and one of the top ways to keep burglars away from your entry points is by using lights. A properly lit landscape not only looks terrific, it’s also much less likely to have intrusions. If you want to improve your home’s defense, explore these worthwhile tips for home security lighting in Portland. We have several ideas for exterior and interior illumination that can help your family.
Add Security And Charm With Outdoor Lighting
The right type of exterior lighting and strategically placed video cameras will work wonders in keeping intruders off your property. Try the following Portland exterior lighting tips.
- Ensure entrances are lit up: Front and back doors remain as the most common spots for break-ins. Make certain those entries are covered but don’t forget your garage. While powerful motion-sensing floodlights are a popular solution for this location, it’s not the only option. Rather than blinding your neighbors whenever an animal runs by, you can use less intrusive lights that remain on during the night. Make no mistake, intense, motion-activated floodlights may frighten off intruders, but having a properly positioned light that remains on is more likely to keep them away from your property altogether.
- Implement multi-purpose task lights: Those lovely lights along your stone walkway do more than help you see in the dark. They also let you see areas of your landscape you may not otherwise be able to from the inside.
- Add allure and security with accents: Not only for added beauty, accent lights are a great way to shine light on locations that may serve as hiding spots. You can place accents in mulch beds outside first-story windows, in front of retaining walls, or beside shrubbery and trees. These installations produce a stunning effect while boosting your protection.
- Illuminate the edges of your property: A layered approach should also include the borders of your yard. Illuminating your gates, fencing, and outer limits of your property will help discourage prowlers.
How To Enhance Protection With Interior Lighting in Portland
Home security lighting in Portland consists of more than outside illumination. Your inside lights play a role in boosting safety as well. Smart bulbs that can be implemented into your home protection package are valuable for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- Scheduling capabilities: Keep your lights on a schedule and make it seem like the house is inhabited. This is an effective deterrent and a sensible strategy if you’re traveling.
- Access from anywhere: If you take a family holiday but forget to implement a schedule, you can still activate them with your handy smartphone app.
- Integration with other security elements: If the motion sensor on your outside camera goes off, you could have your foyer light inside illuminate automatically. This functionality is yet another way to deter prowlers.
Dissuade Burglars Even More With A Home Protection Plan In Portland From Secure24 Alarm Systems
Reinforce your well-illuminated property with the best in home security from Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our modern home security systems in Portland allow you to automate, access, and control all sorts of smart components, including your lights. Reach out to (503) 300-4377 today to start customizing a package for your property.