Home Automation 101 In Portland
Would you like to have greater control and convenience in your life? Have you heard about smart homes and have an interest in learning how to modify your residence? This simple tutorial -- Home Automation 101 in Portland -- is intended to show how you can use innovative, connected equipment to make your daily routine easier and more energy-conscious.
So bring home automation to a home security system with confidence, and have your home's lights, locking systems, thermostat, and even more equipment serve your needs.
What Is Home Automation In Portland?
If you are a current homeowner or have plans to buy a home, you may have considered the ensuing question: What is home automation in Portland? Essentially, home automation monitors and operates various elements in your home, so you aren’t required to. You are able to prearrange things like smart bulbs, locks, and smart thermostats to respond even when you aren’t physically present. In other words, you don't have to engage a switch to turn on a light or touch the dial on the wall to change your comfort levels.
Automation brings a new level of functionality to your home
Automation can be different in every home. For example, you may set your different elements to respond according to a schedule you’ve created via your home’s smart hub or mobile app. Or group devices in unison to create the ideal scene for movie night or for bedtime. Or you might have separate components react to each other to help ensure your home is adaptable to various situations. You can even control your integrated systems with spoken words if you connect to a Google or Amazon speaker.
As you might expect, you need to install the right automation system to get advanced features like remote management, scene creation, and scheduling. Many homeowners enjoy the most success connecting automated equipment to a home security system. Modern security systems already have the ability to control cameras and alarms by using a centralized control panel or mobile security app. Including your automated lights, locks, and thermostat lets you program everything from one place. Plus, using your home’s defense for your home automation means that you only have to learn a single platform for your entire smart home.
Implement These Smart Home Ideas In Portland
There are numerous advantageous smart home ideas for your Portland property. Select from these devices to discover a world of convenience you might not have thought was possible:
- Smart light bulbs: Have you ever arisen in the middle of the night and remembered that you didn’t turn the lights off in your primary living space? Would you enjoy the ability to touch your mobile device and lower them without getting up? Or put them on a fixed schedule and have them brighten at arranged moments to make it seem like your home is occupied when you're not there. You can even set your automated light bulbs to illuminate when your surveillance systems uncover unexpected motion along your home’s perimeter.
- Smart entry locks: The unsafe action of putting a key under your doormat is thankfully no longer needed when you use smart locking systems. Give all family members a unique PIN number or you could unlock your doors right from your mobile device. If you need to provide access to a friend during a time when you're on vacation, create a limited-time code and receive a smartphone update as the locks activate.
- Fire, flood, and CO detection: Know the instant a dangerous event happens with integrated fire, flood, or carbon monoxide alarms. Check the status of your components with your smartphone and receive an emergency notification if a device is activated. Set other devices to respond to certain situations, like prompting your HVAC fan when your monitored fire alarms activate. These important safety measures are even connected to 24-hour monitoring for additional protection.
- Surveillance systems: Your integrated surveillance cameras can give you an unobstructed glimpse of your home and surroundings any time you like. Examine a live video stream directly on your cell phone or keep video segments in the cloud. Another popular choice is a video doorbell, which notifies you if a guest arrives. Then ask who's there with the bi-directional audio function while your foyer lights immediately switch on.
- Smart thermostats: There's no longer a need to adjust your thermostat dial by hand. As an alternative, fix your smart thermostat to activate according to your preferences. To illustrate, automatically decrease the air conditioning or heat when you're away. Then make your settings increase to a more comfortable temperature a little before you return. You also have the ability to use your cell phone app to check on the HVAC reading no matter where you are and modify it accordingly.
Enjoy The Perks Of Automation In Portland
With all these ”smart” components, is home automation actually worth the hassle? Luckily, automation provides more than simply a neat tool to switch on your locks and lights from your mobile device. Here's how automation adds real perks to your hectic life.
- Protection: Home automation has clear and valuable security perks. Make your property appear inhabited while you're gone with preset lights and view visitors with a video doorbell. Get phone notifications and have your property brighten when a video camera or your alarm system is tripped. Smart locking systems, surveillance, and equipment like fire and CO detectors all promote a heightened measure of protection for your property.
- Simply your life: When using the scheduling feature, you’ll never need to fret about switching off the lights or securing your entryways, as your system will handle it for you. Check on your devices when you're on vacation, and control nearly every feature of your installation from any location. Customize scenes like movie night that adjust your components in just the right way to achieve the optimal mood and comfort. You might even instruct your Google or Amazon assistant on the way you would like your interior and see your home react immediately.
- Reduce energy bills: One of the greatest aspects of smart home automation is that it will allow you to save money. Let's face it, there probably are individuals in your family who forget to do certain tasks like flip off lights. By putting your lights on a schedule, you can stop using electricity at all hours. Lower utility expenses by modifying the temperature for when you're gone. Did you forget to lower the air conditioning when you left for vacation? No need to worry, as you can adjust it right from your hotel room.
Is It Time To Move Past Home Automation 101 In Portland?
If you're thinking, "how was I able to exist without home automation in the past," you should schedule a consultation with your security security specialists. We will show you what’s possible -- from smart thermostats to surveillance systems -- and customize the ideal system for you. You only have to reach out to (503) 300-4377 or complete the following form.