Today's smart security options have become more capable every year. With that being said, you may still neglect to complete basic security tasks like turning on your home security, closing the garage, or even securing your front door.
What if you didn’t have to worry about these tasks again? With geofencing in Portland, you can just leave the driveway and make your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Portland For your Security System?
Geofencing creates a virtual border a set distance from your residence, which you may set up in your smartphone app. The technology then uses your cell phone to deduce when you cross the perimeter and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements take advantage of to communicate with one another. The technology aids your security system by centralizing all devices onto a single network. You can draw a unique boundary around your home and program particular actions as you cross the boundary.
For example, when you leave your property, you can instruct your security system to lock doors, shut the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will inform your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, activate lighting, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
These are a handful of the devices you can manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Electronic devices such as TVs or appliances
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your property’s security system in Portland. With the mobile app, you have the ability to make the most of automation. In a few easy touches of the app interface, and you can:
● Program schedules: set your smart components to engage at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to turn down to indicate that it's bedtime, or disengage your home’s alarm as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make specific devices engage based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan when the CO detector trips. Or illuminate your hallway lighting if your security camera notices unusual motion outside.
● Set a scene: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that function in unison. Make your lighting switch off, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks engage when the day is done. Or program the system for a movie marathon with specific lighting and temperature levels.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to enable your alarm system when you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you'll never forget to arm the system and lower the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Portland
Whether you desire extra peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with one of our representatives today at (503) 300-4377 or complete the form on this page to begin customizing your ideal security system.