How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In Portland
Home security cameras can simply be used as a warning—a sign that tells burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your home security cameras to bolster your home’s safety measures.
Fortunately, the latest security cameras come armed with a plethora of features all tailor-made to deliver total protection for your home. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording capabilities or infrared dark vision and fast action motion detectors, these tools empower you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Portland.
How To Set Up Your Portland Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
Installing your home security cameras on the ideal points around your residence is the first place to start with home security.. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in high traffic rooms like the living room or family room. It’s also a smart notion to install a camera near main hallways, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to pass to get to the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras should provide a clear sightline of your porch, drive, front and yards, garage, and other exterior isolated buildings, like sheds. Then access a view of your front door via a subtle doorbell camera.
There are areas within your house that aren’t quite as important to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, placing a camera in the bedroom could impact your privacy. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you need some type of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Elevate Security Cameras
Component layout is only the beginning in utilizing the most from home security cameras in Portland. The features described below help to elevate security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See automatic messages on your mobile device whenever unusual activity is sensed. You can also set cameras to start filming when movements are detected which serves to boost camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your video surveillance to capture footage and save clips so you can view them later.
- 2-way audio: Nearly all of modern security cameras have a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually converse with anyone with the camera. Via ADT Control, you can make it seem you’re inside the building or greet your kids as they come home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, provides a more complete look at an area. Check for cameras that allow for at least 120° wide angle lens or that can pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your home security cameras come with either LED or infrared sensors that can pick up clips of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more targeted, set up activity zones. For example, you can program your exterior camera to notify you of movement taking place on your yard or your porch and overlook animals passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: app, like ADT Control®, empower you to view live camera footage, move cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send up-to-date texts when the sense something unusual taking place around your house.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in Portland is more simple. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way audio, your home security can go from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (503) 300-4377 or complete the form below to begin personalizing your security system today.